About and instructions
Video2WebP is a small project to convert videos to animated WebP directly in the browser. The video does not leave your local machine.
- Open this page on a supported web browser, such as Firefox, Chrome, or Edge (requires a browser that supports SharedArrayBuffer).
- 🎞️ Select the video you want to convert to an animated WebP.
- ⚙️ Use the controls to specify the output settings. Higher quality/size/FPS means larger image size and a longer time to convert.
- 🖱️ Click the Convert button to begin the process.
- ⏱️ Wait patiently. This tool can be slow if the input video is large.
- 🖼️ Once the image is displayed below, you can save it by right clicking and saving the image.
Select and convert
Status messages will show here